Organizations today find themselves relying on legacy Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure, such as MPLS, to provide connectivity for constantly changing application requirements and demands. At the same time, many enterprises are moving towards cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings such as Office 365, Salesforce, and Box, among others.
Many organizations are also moving their workloads to public clouds Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings such as AWS and Azure. With these new initiatives, backhauling traffic through legacy WAN providers to a centralized internet gateway is cost prohibitive, complex, and adds unwanted latency. Not to mention the scalability, lack of control, and security concerns related to a centralized point where all traffic must traverse.
SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) builds on the SD-WAN concept by adding enhanced security capabilities to the solution. It combines security features and capabilities with the SD-WAN architecture to provide secure access to cloud-based applications and services.
SASE aims to simplify and centralize network security by providing a single, cloud-delivered solution that combines network functions (such as WAN, VPN, and firewall) with security functions (such as threat protection and identity and access management). SASE integrates the principles of Zero-Trust to provide a more secure infrastructure that requires authentication and authorization for all network access.
THE KEY BENEFITS OF SD-WAN/SASE INCLUDE:
- Improved network performance: SD-WAN optimizes network traffic routing to ensure that data travels through the fastest and most reliable path, leading to improved network performance and faster application response times.
- Increased agility: SD-WAN enables organizations to adapt and scale quickly and easily to changing business requirements, such as adding new locations, applications, or services.
- Reduced costs: SD-WAN can significantly reduce costs associated with traditional WAN solutions, such as MPLS, by leveraging low-cost internet connections as a network transport.Enhanced security: SASE integrates advanced security features, such as encryption and firewalls, to secure traffic to IaaS and SaaS services, protect against cyber-attacks and unauthorized access to network resources.
- Enhanced security: SASE integrates advanced security features, such as encryption and firewalls, to secure traffic to IaaS and SaaS services, protect against cyber-attacks and unauthorized access to network resources.
- Better user experience: By optimizing network performance and enabling fast, reliable access to applications and services, SD-WAN improves the user experience for employees and customers alike.
- Enhanced Visibility and Control: It offers a centralized control and visibility platform to ensure optimum control and visibility over a network, improving mean time to repair times (MTTR) for many organizations.
SD-WAN / SASE Assessment Details
The CyKor SD-WAN/SASE assessment will address the following items to provide a plan and estimated ROI for organizations interested in moving their business to an SD-WAN/SASE solution.
Gather organizational requirements for WAN, remote sites, and remote users to include applications, failover, growth, network management, and data center/cloud access.
- Security requirements for users & devices accessing Internet based services, SaaS applications, and cloud/data center hosted applications
- Existing network architecture to include hardware, software, and licensing
- Existing ISP setup to include cost, contracts, bandwidth, and Quality of Service
- Existing infrastructure routing setup
- High level design of the proposed solution to include roadmap with a phased approach for implementation and how it addresses the organizational requirements
- Detailed Bill of Materials outlining the components and cost of the solution
- Cost Benefit Analysis detailing ROI information to show how eliminating expensive legacy WAN transports can save money over time
IS YOUR NETWORK READY?
Our FREE assessment will review your existing infrastructure, network architecture, ISP setup, and more to deliver a plan and estimated ROI should your business move to an SD-WAN/SASE solution.